Contact at K&L Gates:
Staff Recruiting Coordinator
K&L Gates LLP
300 South Tryon Street, Suite 1000
Charlotte, NC 28202
We are seeking a Legal Recruiting Coordinator to join the Dallas, TX or Houston, TX offices. At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard‐working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
The Coordinator will be part of a regional recruitment team responsible for all lawyer hiring and onboarding for the firm’s four offices in Texas – Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston ‐ and will report to the Regional Recruitment Manager for this region. In addition to local office duties, this Coordinator will have a dual‐reporting role to the firmwide lateral recruiting team. We expect this will include involvement in lateral partner candidate interviews and feedback collection, analysis of lateral associate job opening requests, lateral associate sourcing and marketing initiatives, and data tracking.
• Student and Lateral Associate Recruitment: Coordinate details for candidate interviews, including interviewer scheduling, feedback, candidate travel arrangements and expense reimbursements; collaborate with Recruiting Manager and firmwide team to develop and execute law school recruitment events and necessary follow‐up; assist in producing necessary correspondence related to recruiting efforts; assist with the preparation, coordination, and scheduling of on‐campus and job fair interviews; process resumes received from candidates, placement firms, and referrals; collaborate closely with DE&I team to ensure recruitment efforts align with diversity goals; maintain recruitment ATS and all recruitment and candidates files; maintain expenses and monitor budget
• Summer Associate Program: Coordinate events, including orientation, training programs, and social events; assist with tracking of summer associate assignments and evaluations; attend summer associate events as necessary; assist in producing necessary correspondence related to the program
• Talent Management: Coordinate pre‐arrival and onboarding details for new lawyers, including, but not limited to, bar examination and review course fees, stipend payments, orientation programs, and new hire paperwork; coordinate portions of the lateral integration program for Texas hires
Candidates must be self‐starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are required. We seek a highly motivated individual who desires to build their skill set and expand their exposure within the legal industry by working alongside lawyers and allied professionals in a variety of geographic markets.
• Ideal candidate will have two to four years of experience in recruiting, talent management, or training and development, preferably in a law firm or other professional services industry
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have a professional demeanor and demonstrated ability to work well with lawyers, management, other administrators and support staff
• Must demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
• Must be detail oriented and able to multi‐task
• Must be able to work in a demanding, fast‐paced, and service‐oriented environment
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that will require periodic overtime, especially during the summer months
• Must be highly proficient with MS Office Suite and PeopleSoft or other HRIS/applicant data tracking systems