Website Latham & Watkins LLP
Please click here to apply.
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking an Attorney Recruitment & Development Coordinator to join our winning team, located in Houston. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
As the global outbreak of COVID-19 continues to unfold, Latham has taken precautions to help protect our people, clients, and the communities where we live and work. This includes a shift to virtual work for the majority of our lawyers and staff. This role will likely start virtually while the firm continues to evaluate the situation.
The Attorney Recruitment & Development Coordinator will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As the Attorney Recruitment & Development Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy, self-starter, and enthusiastic attitude.
As an Attorney Recruitment & Development Coordinator at Latham, you will be responsible for coordinating all activities and processes involved in campus recruiting throughout each recruiting season, while continuing to support a variety of Attorney Development initiatives:
- Assisting the Manager of Attorney Recruitment & Development with all phases of recruiting and development efforts for new attorneys, lateral hires, transfers, and summer associates.
- Developing relationships with Law Schools, Campus placement agencies and recruitment agencies to encourage and maintain valid resources for new and lateral hires.
- Corresponding with candidates to schedule interview dates and times, and coordinating information for applicants and interviewers.
- Receiving, routing, and forwarding resumes for review to appropriate individuals and Recruiting Committee members.
- Updating internal local Recruiting webpages and other marketing materials.
- Coordinating all logistics in connection with summer program and on campus interviewing:
- Summer Program logistics to include all aspects of the onboarding process, scheduling weekly practice group and department overviews, planning and attending social events, maintaining staffing reports; monitoring budget; and assisting with the review process.
- On Campus Interviewing logistics to include assisting on campus at local schools, organizing follow-up and outreach events, scheduling callback interviews, coordinating and tracking follow-up with candidates, processing callback expenses, and maintaining callback status report.
- Serving as administrative support to the Recruiting Committee.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Maintaining recruitment statistics and office status reports
- Assisting local departments and practice groups with various events, receptions, and dinners.
- Providing administrative support for various local committees including TACE, Mentoring, Charitable, and local Affinity Groups.
- Processing departmental expenses and reimbursements.
- Liaising with attorneys, management, and administrative staff as contributing member of the greater team to expand, enrich and maintain office trainings and practice resources.
- Keeping abreast the office calendar to ensure any training or scheduling conflicts are resolved.
- Administering and tracking of CLE programs and coordinating with local office departments in the execution of these programs.
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of all attorney development, onboarding, training, and integration efforts in the office.
- Generating weekly pace reports for distribution to Office Managing Partner and relevant committees
A Bachelor’s degree is required, and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in professional recruiting is strongly preferred.
The successful Attorney Recruitment & Development Coordinator must have well-developed and professional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm. The Coordinator must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong analytical skills with minimal supervision needed. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and quality assurance processes, organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion. The Attorney Recruitment & Development Coordinator must have knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office.